12/20/2020

Planning Kitchen Decor II - Lighting & Appliances

 

I want the vibe in my kitchen to be that of a cafe rather than a home. 

One method I feel achieves this is having sconce lighting, as below:



This is an example kitchen by Jean Stoffer design.
(hence the weird elevated ceiling)


Kitchen designed by Joanna Laven



I am especially reminded of cafes when Globe sconce lighting is involved.
A few options below:





Joss & Main - Aged Brass Gleeson 
1 - Light Armed Globe Sconce
60W bulb

$84.00
Globe sconce








Kichler - Pim 1-Light Fox Gold Wall Sconce 

50W bulb

$100.00

Fixture can be installed up or down

I can't decide whether I prefer them hanging up or down. I think down.




side view








YLighting.com - Jane Wall Sconce
by Mitzi - Hudson Valley Lighting
60W bulb
$144.00








Now for the appliances.
My Pinterest preferences have taught me that I like dark stoves.







GE 30-inch 5.0 cu. ft. Single Oven Gas Range with Oven in Black

$695.00 

The only issue is dark appliances throws off my original
ideas for the cabinets colours. They were going to be taupe
or pale gray (see my last post).





GE 30-inch 18 cu. Ft. Top Mount No Frost Refrigerator in Black

$795.00




Let's consider some options for cabinetry with all black appliances:



Natural medium-tone wood cabinets w/ black appliances










White cabinets w/ black appliances




Dark appliances could be offset by a large black piece of furniture/island in the room







Dark cabinets w/ black appliances
I think this looks the best. The only trouble is that I
want dark, chocolate coloured wood flooring
 (shown in pic below the below pic)




This colour flooring:




I also like the stained wood cabinets w/ the black appliances,
because I like when components of a kitchen or bath feel more
like pieces of furniture than traditional fixtures found in that type of room.






So, still on the fence on whether the black appliances are worth
the tradeoff because they narrow down the cabinetry options so much.
+
I've usually disliked stainless steel appliances, but this fridge looks
really nice:


Frigidaire 30-inch W 18 cu. ft. Top Freezer Refrigerator in Stainless Steel

$895.00


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be a jerk