So..I just finished filling & decorating a bunch of baby blue chinese takeout containers as Easter baskets. You know, with raffia inside & some collages on the outside. Couldn't help but feel they're a little generic and am raring to make a couple more in a style I've never done before.
So, naturally, I went googling for other easter basket replacements.
Matchbox felt Bunnies from: madeit.com.au
Easter Dioramas by: scrapbookinwithg.blogspot.ca (May 2012)
Cardboard Fruit boxes!
Decorated Egg cartons of course - she used matte mod podge for glue.
And by 'she' I mean: mydearirene.com
leslieford.com used 'craft paint' for the ones above
This was once a Pringles chip can !
Now for some Filler idillers:
- clover & other wildlife
- strips of newsprint
recipe at: domesticdreamboat.com
-marshmallows (dried out first)
- fruit loops!
- coloured foil coins!!!!!!! (at worldmarket.com)
White chocolate's where it's at this year for me! This looks so slick
These are f-ing adorable & I want them. But they're useless, so I don't.
Tips for getting Vibrant coloured eggs:
1. Wait until boiled eggs are cool before dyeing
2. Boil your water before adding the dye to it
3. To each bowl add 1/2 tsp Vinegar, then add 3/4 cup of the boiled water
4. Add up to 1/2 tsp of Dye depending on how bright you want your eggs
5. Mix, then lower the egg carefully in and watch it change!
NOTE: Will dye your counters/tables if spilled so watch out !
This was so incredible I had to include it: