10/28/2017

Colognes I Actually Like - female chosen






YSL 
LA NUIT DE L'HOMME EAU DE TOILETTE
Released in 2009
 the freshness of Cardamom and the sophistication of Cedar 
meet the intense sensuality of Coumarin.
I first smelled this in 2014 when I smelled every cologne at Shoppers
searching for something better than ck One Shock (below) for my boyfriend. 
This was the only one that topped it - but is Far more expensive. 
Both scents feature the spice Cardamom.

$87 for 60ml
aromatic
warm spicy
fresh spicy
woody

Similar option:
Portrait of New York - Vetiver by Ralph Lauren, unisex scent
Ck One Shock For Him (below)








The Body Shop - White Musk for Men
Released in 2007
Lavendar, jasmine, sandalwood and musk.
I just bought this for myself during their online sale - wanted it for a long time.
Affordable 
aromatic
woody
musky
balsamic
fresh spicy












Ck One Shock For Him
Launched in 2011
Black Pepper, basil, cardamom, with tobacco and musk.
Can get sickening if you wear it everyday, but for daytime or spraying your
gym bag rather than your chest, it is nice.
Affordable.
tobacco
fresh spicy
amber
sweet
warm spicy
aromatic

Similar option:
London For Men - Burberry









Joop! Homme
Launched in 1989
Mandarin, lemon, bergamot, jasmine, cinnamon and vanilla
Affordable.
warm spicy
vanilla
white floral
balsamic
citrus
cinnamon

Similar option:
1 Million by Paco Rabanne (below)





Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf for Men
Released in 2012
Chili, leather, tobacco, bergamot, grapefruit
Pricey - $95 for 50ml
warm spicy
cinnamon
tobacco
sweet
leather

Similar (& affordable) option:
Red Musk by The Body Shop






Chanel - ALLURE HOMME
Released in 1999
Top notes of Mandarin, peach and bergamot,
then jasmine and rose, heightened by Black Pepper, sandalwood and vanilla.
A dude in highschool used to wear this and it was very alluring at the time
(that was the early 2000s). But I Did smell a stranger on the street wearing
it recently & it had a similar effect that I don't believe was strictly nostalgia.
$75 for 50ml
citrus
fresh spicy
aromatic
balsamic
woody

Similar option: 
The One for Men by Dolce & Gabbana






1 Million Paco Rabanne for Men
Released in 2008
Grapefruit, orange, mint, cinnamon, leather, and patchouli

This one I am embarrassed to say that I like, but I do.
A guy I saw more than once in hindsight I credit to this scent.
$78 for 50ml
warm spicy
cinnamon
citrus
leather
amber

Similar option:
Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss